Friday, November 18, 2011

Our newest addition…

to the kitchen that is.  Sheesh, it’s been a long time since I’ve posted.  I had to write a catchy title to get your attention! J/K  No big news here.  Just wanted to pop in and share a little something new we added to the kitchen.  I took these pictures along time ago and had plans to post them a long time ago, but photography got the best of me.  I should have warned you that I would be disappearing for a bit.  I had four photo shoots over the last two weekends.  You can check two of them out here.  I’m working on the other two and hopefully will share them soon. 

On to my kitchen.  I was inspired when I went to Arizona in October.  My brother and sil moved into a new house a little while ago and have been working hard to fix it up.  There are so many things I love about it, including the floor plan. But when I got home from my trip, there was one thing I could not get out of my mind.   A dinner bell.  Now, why did that not ever cross my mind?  She randomly found it at TJ Maxx for $15.00 one day.  I came home determined to find one too.  I knew I most likely wouldn’t find one at our TJ’s or Marshall’s since that is such a fluke thing to find.  I found one online.   Here is the one I got. 

Bell cr

I thought it would be such a fun and memorable item to have in my kitchen.  Useful too, to say the least.  This baby is LOOOOUUUDD!!  I hung it up high.  While I want to use it to round up the kiddos, I don’t want them walking by ringing it all the time…because you know they would.  I also hung it by the back door in my kitchen.  That way it can be heard inside and outside.  I just open the back door and they come running.  Much better than me YELLING to get their attention.  They think it’s cool. 

I had Drew be my bell demonstrator one day.  He thought HE was cool.

Lightroom Edits11

It has proved to be a great purchase for my family. 

On a side note, I think it’s rather ironic that I am blogging about my sil while we are in the car on a road trip to stay with her and the rest of my family for Thanksgiving.  We are starting our Thanksgiving break early this year and we are SOOOOO excited.  Between vacation, photography and holiday to-do's I might be hit and miss here on the blog for awhile, but I have a lot to share and I am going to try to take time to do just that. 

Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving if you don’t hear from me before then! :)

3 comments:

K :) said...

Love the dinner bell idea. Where did you find it online? Thanks for any info.

Andrea said...

What a fun idea. Have a great trip. Enjoy your family.

Prudently Painted Vintage said...

Fun idea! I haven't blogged in almost three weeks. So behind! Love the dinner bell :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails