Saturday, October 30, 2010

BiRtHdAy Girl {Part 2 } Party Decor.

First of all, I want to say a big thank you to all of your wonderful e-mails and comments about my new adventure in photography.  Thank you so much for your support and sweet compliments.  It really means so much!!

And now for the birthday post.  The big ONE year old birthday is worth celebrating.  Especially when it is your last.  Everything seems more fun this time around because of that.  I had fun scheming up some plans in my mind for Ady’s birthday.  It was even more fun to see them come to life and rewarding, I might add, since I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning putting it all together, because I am a procrastinator you know. :)

Walking out into my kitchen made the lack of sleep all worth it.

Kitchen

It was Ady’s Birthday!

Birthday Hat

I tried to keep things on the simple side.  I made this hat out of leftover fabric I had from her birthday shirt.  I used an inexpensive birthday hat as a template.  Cut out cardstalk in the same shape.  Stapled it together and then hot glued the fabric on top of that.  I then hot glued a strand of  pom poms to the bottom and ric rac on top of that.  I cut out a page of an old book into a medium size square and folded it accordion style and then spread it out into a circle and hot glued the ends together.  I typed up ‘Birthday Girl’ on a scrap of cardstalk, snipped the ends and hot glued it to the paper circle.  You can see to the side of the hat, I also made a paper chain out of old book pages.  The book pages are probably one of my favorite things.  It was a little unexpected touch. 

Pom Poms

I had lots of fun with pom poms.  I loved mixing the pattern tissue paper in with the solid.  I loved the banner.  This is one of the things Andrea whipped up for me while she was here.  There are 12 pennants and a photo of her from each month of her first year.  I will use this in her room.

Frames

I used things that were from her bedroom. Like the  letter ‘A’ and picture frames.

Table

The tulips in the center piece are from her bedroom too,  as well as the pink tin. 

  Centerpiece

Pom Poms - 1

It was easy enough and  inexpensive to plop extra pom poms in these for fillers. Beth, does the white bowl and stand look familiar?  It was from your wedding.  I love it and use it all the time for holidays!

One

Andrea added the ‘ONE’ out of ric rac on the table runner she made me.  I love details like this.

Cupcake - 1 Cupcakes

Cupcakes are just plain cute!

Cupcake Stands      

These plate stands are glass candle sticks from the dollar store glued onto old plates I bought from a thrift store for $1.00 each.  I hot glued them on incase I want to switch them out.  (another idea inspired by Andrea) I have them all over my house right now with pumpkins sitting in them.  So fun! 

We kept the breakfast nook festive like this all week long.  And just so nothing went to waste, I re-purposed some of them in Ady’s room.  

A - Pom Poms

I hung a few of the pom poms in an empty corner.

And hung her banner below her name.

A - Banner

Now I get to stare at this cute face everyday!

4

That’s a rap on the big ‘ONE’.  I can’t believe it’s over! 

Have a wonderful weekend and a HaPpY  HaLlOwEeN!

9 comments:

KW said...

Wow! SO cute. I love all the ideas. What a lucky little girl. Happy birthday Ady!

Beth Curtis said...

so awesome! I love that you showed how you put it all back in her room. I think the banner fits perfectly in her room! I can't believe I didn't snatch one of those bowls from my wedding! You did an amazing job with her birthday. I am dying over the photoshoot you did with her leggings and tutu.

Stephanie said...

It was all amazing! Seriously you make the rest of us look like such slackers! :)

Lindsey Jensen said...

So fun!! You did an amazing job!! I love how it all comes together in the end!! PERFECT!! I love the phots you took of Ady and the tutu!! So cute!

Andrea said...

Adorable. I love it all. It looks amazing and I love how you repurposed it. My favorite are the cupcakes. So adorable on the plate stands.

Jamie said...

Sooo cute Krysta! Happy b-day to Ady!

Stephanie said...

I love the banner! You are awesome.

Prudently Painted Vintage said...

I thought that was you on tip junkie! Such a cute party! I love every detail of it :)

Nitasha Khan said...

Contact us to find locksmiths near my location. Contact us if you are looking for locksmith near me for cars. Available Locksmith technicians are fully trained to provide all kinds of Residential Locksmith services. No matter what your emergency is, rely on Bear Locksmith 247 to provide you with fast Emergency Locksmith service! We are the best 24 hour locksmith.

Related Posts with Thumbnails