Tuesday, July 1, 2008

{ T-Ball }...



Jake had his last T-Ball game on Saturday. I love this picture above of him hanging out in the out field. To me, this says it all about T-Ball. We had just finished up Kaylee and Jake's soccer season (where there was a ton of interaction with the players and fast moving) when Jake started T-Ball and I can't believe how different the two are! I should have figured, but this was our first experience with T-Ball. I think we were expecting the game to be a little bit more fast paced, but really the only time they got any action was when they hit the ball and ran or grabbed a grounder. Other than that there was a lot of time to "hang out" on the field. Jake had to learn to be patient and enjoy his time out on the field while waiting for his teams turn to bat.
Here he is hitting the ball and running. I love the sequence of these pictures. I can't get over the serious look on his face when he's playing sports...he's got the game face!

He always has to slide when he hits home base. There's really not a reason to in T-Ball, but he loves it!!! He is always so proud of himself, especially when he gets a strawberry. He has to show it to everybody. How do boys even learn to slide? No one taught him this. I think it's one of those boy things they're born with.

It was amazingly hot during T-Ball season. We had a couple of good games that the weather wasn't too bad, but for the most part it was just TOO HOT! We always had Jakes water bottle ready for him and the team usually had a shady spot to sit. As for the rest of us...we just had to make do!

Coach Rob lives in our neighborhood and was an awesome coach. There were a lot of neighborhood kids on the team, which was nice for Jake and us as parents to get to know everyone a little bit better, atleast to have faces to recognize. Some of them Jake will be going to kindergarten with next year, which will be fun. They learned a lot about teamwork, being a good sport and giving LOTS of high fives! Way to go Cardinals!

5 comments:

Lindsey Jensen said...

That looks like so much fun. I am so glad you are getting to do all of these fun things with your kids. They are getting to that perfect age and they love doing it. Now we just need to see some pictures of Kaylee at dance! I just love the picture of him sliding and the one of him just being so patient. That is totally Jake! I love it. I am so excited to see you guys. Tell the kido's hi for Nick & I!

Bre said...

It looks like so much fun!! I wanted to put Dax in so bad and thought he was too young, then I found out one of my friends put her son in the same age as Dax and I felt horrible. He is such a a handsome kid, I love the pictures of him hitting the ball putting all his effort into it!

Andrea said...

It looks like he had fun. As for me, I am just interested in the picturs. You are so good at capruting the moment. I love it. I want to be more like you.

Letti said...

T ball can be a little boring but it gets better as they get older. Thats neat that so many of his teammates live in your neighborhood. Now on to the next sport.

The Johnson's said...

I love the pictures! You can tell he loves to play and loves the action--it gets better as he gets older! We are looking forward to seeing you in a few days. (Brynn can't wait!)

Related Posts with Thumbnails